Code of Professional Practice
Individual members of the New Zealand Association for Training and Development sign a Code of Professional Practice.
If you employ or engage a member of the association they have agreed to:
- Accept responsibility for their work and effective use of resources entrusted to them following the guide-lines mutually drawn up and agreed to by client and member.
- Accept assignments within their own competence or seek appropriate expertise from suitably qualified individuals.
- Maintain self development and strive to keep abreast of changes and developments relevant to the profession and also accept responsibility for assisting others to develop in the profession.
- Work to the highest legal and ethical standards.
- Disclose to the client or employing organisation immediately any personal interest which may conflict with the client’s or organisation’s interests.
- Maintain the confidentiality of knowledge gained whilst acting as an employee or consultant.
- Strive to establish and maintain relationships with whom they work and are responsible for, so that effective learning and development takes place.
- Establish measurable plans and use suitable methods and media to ensure that those for whom they have a responsibility for training and development meet agreed learning objectives.
- Refrain from discriminating between individuals solely on the grounds of sex, race, status, age or beliefs, and to respect the dignity and privacy of the individual.
- Pay proper regard to the health, safety and well being of the personnel within their responsibility.
- Share research findings and the application of new knowledge and skills as appropriate, and acknowledge where possible the contribution of others.
- Strive to enhance the integrity and the credibility of the profession and the New Zealand Association for Training and Development.